Holiday Gift Guide for the Makeup Junkie!
So by now we have seen all of the shimmery, glittery fun offerings that the makeup companies have decided to push our way, hoping that our money goes into their pockets. After reviewing a few of their offerings, I feel as if I can safely offer a tidbit of advice on what the makeup obsessed, such as myself, might like for a holiday gift. Some of these might not be items I reviewed too recently, but feel are nice enough to make a great gift. These items are not in any order, so there isn’t a “winner”. Most makeup junkies like to have eyeshadow sets as gifts, so I will focus on those mostly.
First off, Too Faced hit the jackpot with their holiday offerings this year. I was in heaven with almost all of their items. The following three are the ones I really think are great gift ideas.
- Too Faced Love Sweet Love (http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/10/review-too-faced-love-sweet-love.html) $45.00, www.toofaced.com
Too Faced Sweet Indulgences Palette from Sephora(http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/10/review-too-faced-sweet-indulgences.html) $52.00, www.sephora.com
Too Faced Shadow Bon Bons (http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/10/review-too-faced-shadow-bon-bons-for.html) $42.00, www.toofaced.com
The next items are items I think are quintessential for any makeup junkie:
- Urban Decay’s Naked Palette $50, www.urbandecay.com and anywhere they are sold. 12 shadows and a double ended 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Whiskey and Zero. Mine gets a lot of use!
- Urban Decay’s Naked 2 Palette $50, www.urbandecay and anywhere they are sold. Again, 12 shadows but no pencil. A double ended brush replaced it. The shadows here have a slightly more cool tone.
- Finally, Urban Decay has come out with a great pencil set (http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/08/review-urban-decay-ocho-loco-glide-on.html) The Ocho Loco set has 8 full size 24/7 Glide-On Pencils, four of which are new. A rainbow of shades, these pencils are smooth and glide on easily (hence the name). Once on they don’t come off, which is why I love them so much. $59.00 www.urbandecay.com or anywhere they are sold.
For the lips, I have fallen in love with the SEPHORA+Pantone Universe Gleaming Lipgloss Set (http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/11/review-sephorapantone-universe-gleaming.html), $26.00, www.sephora.com. There are only five colors, each housed in tiny containers, but they are very pigmented. I was pleasantly surprised!
This year there are a few lines I have been in love with. If you can get a gift certificate to Sephora for the makeup junkie. Sephora now carries Illamasqua and some of Obssesive Compulsive Cosmetics (just the Lip Tars, but these are killer items). Illamasqua is the best thing to come out of Great Britain since the Beatles! Go to www.illamasqua.com and see for yourself! Their line has shadows that are ultra pigmented, blushes that are bright and smooth, lip glosses that are dazzling!
All of this makeup would not be worth a darn if it wasn’t placed upon a woman whose skin was gleaming and free of blemishes. It’s best to work on the skin first, then do the coloring chart.
- philosophy, one of my favorite brands of skincare, has a great kit put together to get your skin in shape. The radiant rewards kit (http://www.philosophy.com/skin-care-systems/radiant-rewards-skin-care-kit,en_US,pd.html), $71.96, .philosophy.com contains the following: purity made simple one step facial cleanser 8 oz.; hope in a jar high density eye and lip firming cream 0.5 oz.; when hope is not enough facial firming serum 1.0 oz.; microdelivery peel in-home vitamin c/peptide recurfacing crystals 2 oz. and activating gel 2 oz.
- Jurlique has a set with the Clarisonic Mia.(http://www.jurlique.com/skin-care/category/tools-and-accessories/clms/clarisonic-mia-set-exclusive-in-lavender) It is the smaller version of the award winning Clarisonic. It even comes full size products and samples! For $119.00 you get : the Mia in lavender, rosewater balancing mist 15ml, moisture replenishing cream 15 ml; , skin brightening essence 5 ml, and bonus samples. I have found that the Clarisonic really helps to clear up the skin. Used 2x a day you will see a difference. Use with an exfoliating cleanser and you will see a significant improvement on your skin.
Now I must add one more thing. You will notice I didn’t mention MAC. I will say that the Glamour Daze collection is the strongest they have had in the longest time. However, I am not real pleased with what they put out as gift items. And the prices they wanted to charge for them was definitely a slap in the face too. $70? Seriously. However they did sell out. I bought one of the eye shadow kits and was not impressed. I really loved the Extra Dimension eye shadow. Best thing in a while. If you have a MAC junkie on your friend list and she or he, wants some eye shadow, get the friend something from the Glamour Daze collection.
I hope you have enjoyed my gift guide!
Technorati Tags: I Am THE Makeup Junkie Holiday Gift Guide,Holiday Gift Guide for the Makeup Junkie,MAC Glamour Daze,philosophy radiant rewards,Urban Decay Ocho Loco,SEPHORA+Pantone Universe,Illamasqua Generation QGleaming Lipgloss Set,Urban Decay Naked,Urband Decay,Jurlique,Naked 2,Jurlique mia clarisonic,Too Faced Sweet Indulgences,Too Faced Love Sweet Love Holiday Set Too Faced Cosmetics,Too Faced Shadow Bon Bons,Obsessive Compulsvie Cosmetics Lip Tar