Rock Your Hair. The awesome 80’s hair that we grew up with and loved so much is back with full force! Hair stylist Michael O’Rourke has introduced a line of hair products that will give you 80’s hair (we mean volume, not bad styles). But now Rock Your Hair has the modern technology to protect it from styling damage and make it bold and beautiful.
Michael O’Rourke is the man who created the brand Big Sexy Hair. Now, with Rock Your Hair, he wants to give back to women. A portion of all proceeds from Rock Your Hair sales with go to shelters for battered and abused women so that they can start their lives again.
The core products in the Rock Your Hair line are:
- Big Hair Rocks Shampoo: sulfate and paraben free formulas. gives luxurious volume without fading color and depleting moisture. 10.5 oz $17.00
- Big Hair Rocks Conditioner: a weightless formula that gives volume without weighing down hair. Sulfate and paraben free. 10.5 oz. $20.00
- Miracle Leave-In Conditioner Weightless Detangler: gives shiny, strong hair from root to tip. Soy, wheat and oat proteins to reinforce hair. Replenishes moisture to chemically treated hair, over-processed hair and dry, brittle hair. 7.5 oz $20.00
- Bombshell Big Hair Powder: get thick, full hair. Apply powder to roots and then use a comb to tease hair.Talk and Micah formula liquefies on contact to provide shine and texture.0.9 oz $17.00
- Size Matters Big Volume Root Lift: aerosol spray mousse used on roots to provide lift and volume.without weighing down hair. Use prior to blow drying. 13 oz. $20.00
- Spray It Hard Big Volume Hairspray: the #1 award winner, top customer choice hairspray. Firm hold, locks in volume while keeping humidity out. Adds great shine! 10 oz. $22.00
Above you can see photographs of my hair with different hair styles. The very first photograph is my hair without any of the Rock Your Hair products. The next four are photos of my hair with different styles using the Rock Your Hair products. I go big, lots of volume. I also can go wavy or soft, depending on my mood.
I have been using these products for around 3 weeks now. I use various ones depending on what I am looking for that day. First I am going to tell you about my favorite product. My family and I are LOVING the Miracle Leave-In Conditioner Weightless Detangler. So much in fact that I have had to hide it from my kids!!!! They keep taking it to use on their hair!!! It definitely is a miracle product. It detangles, adds shine, softens and leaves hair in almost perfect condition. Especially if your hair has been chemically treated or over-treated from heat styling.
I am also really happy with the Size Matters Big Volume Root Lift. This spray mousse is great for getting volume all over. As you can see I can go from flat to whoa! I can even use it on my dry hair to give it a lift. With the Bombshell Big Hair Powder, you can get some great volume at the roots but you have to be careful using it. Just use a little at a time and then add more as needed. Then tease!
The shampoo and conditioner are very nice, both are sulfate free and the shampoo cleans the hair nicely. I think the conditioner would be better if it was a little thicker. There is a more moisturizing version that they offer, I would like to try that one. Finally, the Spray It Hard Big Volume Hairspray reminds me of the great Aquanet hairspray of the 80’s but better because this doesn’t leave hair so much like a football helmet. And it adds shine!
The Rock Your Hair products are available at www.rockyourhair.com or through selected salons. I think it is so great that Michael O’Rourke is giving a portion of the proceeds to women’s shelters for battered and abused women. This is a nice line of products and I am so happy I was able to get to test them out.
(These products were sent for consideration)
Love the look!! Feel free to share your reviews and pics on http://bellashoot.com!! You can inspire a lot of people :) xoxoReplyDelete
SOLD! I am loving this review. I have fine hair and I am always looking for new products thhat would give me the added volume that I would like with out adding extensions. Thanks for the awesome review.ReplyDelete