I try not to write negative reviews too much. I truly believe that there is always something positive I can eek out of a product or kit. However, I am downright upset about the latest box I received from New Beauty Test Tube. A few months ago they changed their Test Tubes somewhat so that they do not include as much as they used to. In fact up until this Test Tube, they have been overflowing with products! Now the program is that you get Test Tubes 6 times a year instead of every 3 months.
Here is what is in the winter New Beauty Test Tube:
- Pantene Expert Keratin Repair Shampoo & Conditioner (trial size)
- Votivo Red Currant Candle (trial size)
- Biosilk Volumizing Therapy Texturizing Powder (trial size)
- Mally Beauty Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner (full size)
- Moroccanoil Body Butter (trial size)
- Revlon Age Defying Wrinkle Remedy Line Filler (full size)
- In the bag that came with it: 90 Second Wrinkle Reducer, Lumene Time Freeze, (a tiny sample of a lipgloss from a line I cannot recognize) and I the box a sample of DDF Ultra Light Oil-Free Moisturizing Dew.
- Subscription to New Beauty magazine
In this “beauty box” there were not as many full size products as usual, which really made be upset. There used to be so many full sized products, which made it worth while. In the pamphlet it lists on the photo which are products are full size, so there is definitely no mistake. There are only 2 full size products in the actual “beauty box” this time. The New Beauty Test Tube costs $29.95 per tube. I am also upset at the amount of drugstore items that are in the tube. For this amount I would prefer higher end items and at least 4 full size products. I am extremely disappointed with the New Beauty TestTube and I think I may end up cancelling my subscription. I have been a member for many years and I feel that their quality has decreased to the point where it is just not worth it any more. The cost of a subscription per year is $179.70, which I can easily spend somewhere else.
Until Next Time~
I Am THE Makeup Junkie
This is why I don't have any beauty subscriptions - the chance of being really disappointed with the products you receive and knowing you could have spent the money on something you loved.ReplyDelete
Sorry to hear this wasn't a good one for you, Marie!