FACE: Clean and photo-ready skin
· Stern first applied Caudalie Eau De Beaute Elixer, ($49) to invigorate Witherspoon’s skin.
· Next, she massaged RéVive Serum Pressé Illuminating Skin Firmer, ($310) to give her complexion a natural, luminous and smooth base. She lightly applied RèVive Moisturizing Renewal Cream Retexturizing Hydrator, ($195) for added hydration.
· Stern then applied NEW Laura Mercier Silk Crème Moisturizing Photo Edition Foundation in Cream Ivory, ($48, April 2015) to ensure Witherspoon’s complexion looked “clean and bright.”
· Using Kjaer Weis Cream Blush in Abundance, ($56), Stern lightly contoured Witherspoon’s cheeks to accentuate the colour.
· She then added an intense flush to the apples of Witherspoon’s cheeks, giving her the look of “vibrant heat,” by applying Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Blaze, ($25) topped with Kevyn Aucoin The Pure Powder Glow in Fira - Mango, ($37).
EYES: Golden wash of colour
· Stern’s inspiration for Witherspoon’s eye look was a “golden wash of colour” on the lids, with a smoky look underneath the lash line. Her goal was for the actress’ eyes to look defined and sultry.
· She first created a base using Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Black Karat, ($24). She then smudged Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Gilded Gold, ($28) on Witherspoon’s upper lids, “creating a brilliant sheen to compliment her sterling silver gown.”
· Then, she roughly lined the upper and lower lash lines using Laura Mercier Crème Eye Liner in Noir, ($24).
· Lastly, Stern curled Witherspoon’s lashes with the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, ($29), and coated her lashes twice using Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Supreme Mascara, ($25).
LIPS: Wine-stained lips
· To complete the look, Stern created wine-stained lips by applying Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Merlot, $27 topped off with a gold gloss for a luminous sheen.
· After that, Witherspoon “left for the red carpet glistening!”