Gina Rodriquez Glowing in her Oscar Look Courtesy of Mary Kay! #MaryKay #GinaRodriguez
Gina Rodriguez Beauty Look from the 87th Academy Awards
‘Jane the Virgin’ star strikes Oscar gold with her glowing beauty look by Mary Kay
Makeup (Carissa Ferreri for Mary Kay):
Inspiration: To complement Gina’s stunning blue, flowing dress and sophisticated pulled back hairstyle, makeup artist Carissa Ferreri wanted to create a soft, whimsical makeup look that would tie the overall look together. “I wanted her to be glowing! We paired smoky eyes and a bronze palette to complement her skin tone. Every part of the makeup look works together to enhance her natural features.”
Skin Care: “I always love to prep the skin first, so I began with the Mary Kay TimeWise® Age- Fighting Moisturizer to moisturize and help give her that dewy finish. I also applied the Mary Kay Indulge® Soothing Eye Gel to combat any puffiness. I prepped the lips with the Mary Kay Satin Lips® Lip Balm.”
Foundation: To create Gina’s flawless, dewy complexion, Ferreri created a custom blend foundation using Mary Kay’s TimeWise® Luminous-Wear® Liquid Foundation in beige 8 mixed with a touch bronze 1.
Ferreri contoured with Mary Kay® Bronzing Powder on the forehead and cheekbones. She swiped Mary Kay® Mineral Cheek Color in Sunny Spice across the cheeks and applied Mary Kay® Mineral Cheek Color in Sparkling Cider to the apples of Gina’s cheeks. “The Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Powder in Sparkling Cider has a slight shimmer. I applied it to the apples of her cheeks to really catch the light and give her a luminescent glow.”
- Eye Shadow: Ferreri’s goal for the eye look was to create a very blended, bronzy look with no harsh lines. To create the wash of color for a bold look that really opens up the eye, Ferreri used:
- Mary Kay® Cream Eye Color in Apricot Twist (swept across the lid)
- Mary Kay® Cream Eye Color in Metallic Taupe (all over beyond the crease)
- Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color in Hazelnut (in the crease and blended out)
- Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color in Chocolate Kiss (on the lid and blended out in the crease)
- Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color in Rosegold (on the lid and blended out in the crease)
- Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color in Truffle (used as a liner on the top and bottom of the eye)
- Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color in Honey Spice (used as a highlighter on the corner of the eye)
- Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color in Granite (used to blend)
- Mascara For extra depth and definition, Ferreri applied Mary Kay® Ultimate Mascara™ in Black to the top and bottom lashes. “Adding mascara and liner to the bottom lashes added a little something different for Gina. The focus here was to open the eye by using a smooth, heavy blend as opposed to a heavy line.”
Ferreri applied Mary Kay® Lip Liner in Soft Blush all over the lip. She topped off with Mary Kay® True Dimensions® Sheer Lipstick in Subtly You. She finished with the Mary Kay At Play®Jelly Lip Gloss in Teddy Bare on the center of the lip to make the lip look full.
Suzy Amis Cameron’s Red Carpet Green Dress Campaign- Gina is wearing a custom dress from designer, Manon Gabard (21 year old student from ESMOD in Paris). The dress is made from 100% certified organic peace silk. Gina is wearing jewels from Neil Lane and a clutch by Edie Parker.
Technorati Tags: Gina Rodriquez,87th Annual Academy Awards,Oscars,#GinaRodriguez,Mary Kay,#MaryKay,makeup,beauty,cosmetics,Mary Kay Lip Liner,Mary Kay At Play Jelly Gloss,Mary Kay True Dimensin Sheer Lipstick,Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color,Mary Kay Bronzing Powder,Mary Kay’s TimeWise® Luminous-Wear Liquid Foundation,Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color,Mary Kay TimeWise Age- Fighting Moisturizer,Mary Kay Satin Lips Lip Balm,Mary Kay Indulge Soothing Eye Gel,makeup artist Carissa Ferreri,Jane the Virgin