Backstage today at MONSE Maison, butter LONDON’s lead makeup artist and manicurist, Katie Jane Hughes, created fashion-forward makeup and nail looks that perfectly complimented the Spring/Summer ‘16 collection. MONSE Maison is the brainchild of Oscar de la Renta design alums Laura Kim and Fernando Garcia, which makes its debut this season. The luxury ready-to-wear collection hasn’t even launched yet but has already been spotted on Amal Clooney and Sarah Jessica Parker.
Designer: MONSE Maison
Lead Manicurist: Katie Jane Hughes
The Scoop: The makeup look was inspired by the moody, sexy and relaxed detailing of the collection. To offset the bold look, the nail was kept sleek, muted and polished.
What Katie Says: “A nod to the 60s, the floating crease was inspired by the stripes in the collection, countered with a light mauve-y nude stain on the lip. This spring will focus on dark details to offset fresh skin and lips.”
The Makeup Look - here’s how Katie created the look:
1. Using Smoke Stick in Night Shift (Matte Black smoke shade), lightly sweep product into the natural crease of the eye as a base.
2. Using MAC Fix+, wet a skinny eyeliner brush and create a paste with the black shade from ShadowClutch Duo in Up All Night. Focus brush through the center of the crease to intensify the middle of the line.
3. With a Q-Tip dipped in Bioderma, press off excess with fingers and sharpen the crease line.
4. Finish eye with two coats of Double Decker Mascara (NEW Spring ‘16) on top lashes only.
1. Apply Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder with fingers, working from center of the face outwards. Using Charlotte Tilbury The Retoucher, blemishes and under eye circles are concealed.
2. Remove shine by buffing in Laura Mercier translucent loose powder for a velvety finish.
3. Spritz skin with Skyn Iceland Facial Mist to remove any visible powder from the skin’s surface.
1. Skim MAC Brow Set in Clear delicately through the brow for a natural, bushy brow effect.
1. Press Plush Rush Lipstick in Buzzed (NEW Spring ‘16) into the top and bottom lip.
2. Lightly press Plush Rush Lipstick in Free (NEW Spring ‘16) over the top of the darker shade to create a mauve-y nude lip.
The Nail Look - here’s how Katie created the look:
1. Apply two coats of Patent Shine 10X Nail Lacquer in Shop Girl.