NYFW Beauty Recap: butter LONDON x Nicole Miller
Backstage yesterday at Nicole Miller, butter LONDON’s lead makeup artist and manicurist, Katie Jane Hughes, created fashion-forward makeup and nail looks that perfectly complemented the A/W ‘16 collection.
Designer: Nicole Miller
Lead Makeup Artist & Manicurist: Katie Jane Hughes
The Scoop: Drawing inspiration from the Nordic theme of the collection, Katie created a beauty look that brought to life the icy vibe with a spirit of coziness. The black, graphic eyeliner and flushed, just-bitten lip color paired perfectly with a frosty nail.
The Makeup Look - here’s how Katie created the look:
1. Begin by applying Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream to create the perfect canvas.
2. For a sheer layer of coverage, apply MAC Face and Body Foundation to the skin.
3. Using Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, conceal and correct any discolorations.
4. Buff in Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder for a matte, porcelain finish.
1. Apply butter LONDON Eye Pencil in Union Jack Black on upper lids creating a straight, graphic line, with medium thickness.
2. Using butter LONDON Iconolast Infinite Lacquer Liner, retrace the line to seal and set for high shine finish.
3. Top if off the eye look by applying two coats of butter LONDON Double Decker Mascara (NEW – available in March 2016) on top lashes only.
1. Prep lips with First Aid Beauty Lip Balm.
2. Mix butter LONDON Plush Rush Lipstick in Daring, Provocative and Buzzed. Dab mixture onto lips with fingers for a minimalist, just-bitten look.
1. In the hollow of cheeks, apply butter LONDON BronzerClutch in Sun Baked (NEW – available in April 2016) to carve out cheekbones.
2. Apply butter LONDON BlushClutch in Simply Sweet (NEW – available in April 2016) lightly onto apples of cheeks for a rosy, flushed complexion.
The Nail Look - here’s how Katie created the look:
1. Start by applying one coat of butter LONDON Nail Foundation Priming Basecoat to mask imperfections and smooth nail surface.
2. Using butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in Cotton Buds, dot a small amount of lacquer in the middle of the nails close to the nail bed. After the white lacquer dot is dry, apply one coat of Nail Lacquer in Splash Out (NEW – available in April 2016) to the nails to nail reminiscent of snow falling and to add sparkle.
3. Apply one coat of butter LONDON Matte Finish Shine Free Top Coat to seal and finish the look.