If you are like many women, or people in general, then you probably use lip balm daily. I happen to have two lip balms in particular that are just about perfect. The first one is a SPF 30 broad spectrum UVA/UVB lip balm that has maximum protection for the lips. It incorporates cutting edge technology, which has a two phase process. The SPF 30 lip balm has an encapsulated time release formula. When lips are put together it releases the super fruits to keep lips moistened and hydrated. This one comes in a tangerine flavor.
There is also the After Hours Lip Balm. It has a passionfruit flavor. It has time release moisture too. This product has been formulated to intensify the benefits to relieve cracked, wrinkled and dry lips. They increased the anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory delivery system technology in this formula.
The technology is a double-layered encapsulation of actives in powder form microspheres. This unique structure protects the actives from premature release from oxygen and heat. Time, friction or moisture will trigger release of the actives from the system. This technology enables the encapsulation and controlled delivery of a wide variety of actives in sub micron spheres. These spheres are used to enhance the stability and overall efficacy of the formulation. Then they incorporated this technology into oils.
Phase 1: The first release is to calm the skin from itching and regenerate the lips. Ingredients are released in this phase as follows:
- Chamomile – Anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide 5 – Pro-collagen properties
- Methyl Sulfonyl Methane (MSM) – Relieves cracked and leathery skin properties
Phase 2: In this phase, pertinent ingredients are released over an extended period of time to thicken the epidermis and repair the moisture barrier properties of the epidermis, and to help the skin retain skin moisture. Ingredients are released in this phase as follows:
- Pomegranate, Grapefruit, & Apple Seed Oil – Pro-collagen synthesis and anti-oxidant properties
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) – Building blocks of cell membrane and anti-aging properties
- Resveratrol (Red Grape Skin) - Anti-inflammatory, pro-collagen synthesis and anti-oxidant properties