A BOLD AND CLASSIC HOLLYWOOD LOOK USING CHANTECAILLE
FOR KIRSTEN DUNST AT THE 2017 2017 59th ANNUAL ACADEMY AWARDS
celebrity makeup artist Jillian Dempsey gave Kirsten Dunst a striking bold look using
INSPIRATION: Jillian was inspired by Elizabeth Taylor and 1960s French couture. She
wanted Kirsten to have a warm complexion with a statement lip and smoky eyes.
THE LOOK: Smoky eyes, glowing skin, and bold classic red lips.
Below are Jillian’s tips to achieve Kirsten’s Academy Awards look:
1. To depuff and instantly brighten Kirsten’s undereyes, Jillian used Chantecaille Gold
Energizing Eye Masks ($195).
2. To create a dewy flawless base, Future Skin Foundation in Alabaster ($76) was applied
sparingly alternating between a brush and a BeautyBlender ($20) for varying amounts of
coverage where needed.
3. Le Camoflauge Stylo Concealer ($52) was applied to areas of Kirsten’s face that needed
extra coverage or brightening.
4. Compact Makeup in Peach ($70) was applied to Kirsten’s skin in a circular motion using
Chantecaille’s Kabuki Brush ($70) to control shine and set her foundation.
5. Compact Soleil in St. Barth’s ($46) was added to the high points of Kirsten’s cheekbones
as well as her forehead for added dimension and a warm glow.
6. Jillian used her fingers to blend in Cheek Crème in Coy, a soft apricot, ($26) to the apples
of Kirsten’s cheeks for a healthy pop of color.
TIP FROM JILLIAN: “One of the things I spend the most time perfecting is complexion. I
obsess over blending the products so they achieve a balance between concealing and
becoming one with the skin. A trick for achieving more consistent coverage and to deliver
warmth is to dust a super light bronzer around the hairline and all over the face.”
1. Jillian applied Luster Glide Eyeliner in Black Forrest ($30) to Kirsten’s upper and bottom
lash lines for a dramatic effect.
2. Jillian generously applied Chantecaille Eye Shade in Titanium ($26) to give the eyes a
sultry smoky look. She then added Jillian Dempsey Lid Tint in Smoke ($28) with a nylon
brush on top of the shadow to catch the light of the red carpet and add sheen to Kirsten’s
3. Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara ($72) was applied in a vertical motion to lift the
eyelashes and make the eyes pop.
1. Jillian applied an opaque layer of Chantecaille Lipstick in Cerise ($38) for Kirsten’s
flattering bright bold red lip.
All Chantecaille products are available at www.chantecaille.com
Join the Conversation!