K-Beauty Has a New U.S Headquarters as 100+ Products Curated by CVS Pharmacy and Korean Beauty Expert Alicia Yoon Launch in 2,100 stores Nationwide
CVS Pharmacy is making the trend-setting world of Korean beauty more accessible than ever before, with the launch of the new K- Beauty HQ at 2,100 CVS Pharmacy stores nationwide, making this one of the largest Korean beauty initiatives globally.
More than 100 new products from South Korean beauty brands, some of which will be exclusive to CVS, will be available at the CVS Pharmacy K-Beauty HQ, rolling out this spring. CVS Pharmacy partnered with the world's most notable Korean beauty expert, Alicia Yoon, to curate the expansive selection of ahead-of-the-curve skincare and makeup innovations from seven different brands. Yoon, founder of the influential Korean beauty e-retailer Peach & Lily™, helped curate this selection through the lens of her more playful and fun retail concept, Peach Slices™.
"We are very excited to bring the latest global beauty phenomenon to CVS Pharmacy with our own exclusive K-Beauty offering, developed uniquely with our customers in mind. Increasingly, we've seen our customers turning to CVS Pharmacy for healthy beauty – from advanced skincare to naturals – and for products that are inspiring, fun and new," said Alex Perez-Tenessa, Vice President of Merchandising for Beauty and Personal Care at CVS Pharmacy. "With the launch of the new K-Beauty HQ, we're able to deliver an extensive collection of new, on-trend products across healthy skincare and playful beauty, further establishing CVS Pharmacy as the leading health and beauty destination."
CVS Pharmacy's curated selection features innovative, eye-catching and easy-to-understand products, including benefit-focused masks, multi-step skincare regimens, whimsical cosmetics and innovative ingredients like egg oil, snail mucin and more.
"I'm thrilled to be involved in this launch as CVS Pharmacy is creating one of the largest K-Beauty programs in the world. While Korean beauty has been steadily growing in popularity, there are still so many people who cannot easily access Korean beauty products so this launch will really bring the products to everyone," said Yoon. "CVS Pharmacy's focus on health and beauty is at the core of Korean beauty ideals, and the products specially curated for the K-Beauty HQ will delight and deliver results at a great price."
Yoon will also launch her NEW beauty brand, Peach Slices™, exclusively at CVS Pharmacy which transforms the retail concept of making K-beauty lighthearted, easy and effective into products. Yoon's Peach Slices™ brand will include nine K-Beauty products that put a clever spin on innovative, gentle and natural ingredients like honey and yuzu, and the line's natural cotton masks feature no harsh chemicals, dyes, alcohol, parabens or sulfates.
In addition to Peach Slices™, select new K-Beauty brands will also be available for the first time in the U.S. exclusive to CVS Pharmacy:
- waterless fruit-based Frudia skincare with supercharged formulas that feature only active ingredients for intense, targeted skin health benefits
- Elisha Coy with naturally-derived effective ingredients such as snail mucin to help replenish skin's moisture and support cell regeneration
- pore-focused JJYoung by Caolion Lab, harnessing the popular Caolion brand's renowned laboratories in new formulas that steam and cool for facials on-the-go
- Ariul EGG Collection with new-to-the-U.S. egg oil to help reduce inflammation, boost elasticity and fight free radicals for a radiant, brighter complexion
- best-selling mask brand Ariul with a juice-cleanse inspired line, free of parabens, mineral oil, artificial coloring and triethanolamine (TEA)
- The Saem natural products with potent ingredients sourced from around the world including mineral-rich water from Iceland and soothing waratah from Australia
- whimsical Holika collection with the Sanrio-inspired Gudetama peeling gels, oil to foam cleansers and more
The new K-Beauty HQ will be rolling out beginning April 2017 at CVS Pharmacy locations nationwide and online at www.cvs.com.
About CVS Pharmacy
CVS Pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), is America's leading retail pharmacy with over 9,700 locations. It is the first national pharmacy to end the sale of tobacco and the first pharmacy in the nation to receive the Community Pharmacy accreditation from URAC, the leading health care accreditation organization that establishes quality standards for the health care industry. CVS Pharmacy is reinventing pharmacy to help people on their path to better health by providing the most accessible and personalized expertise, both in its stores and online at CVS.com. General information about CVS Pharmacy and CVS Health is available at www.cvshealth.com.