- First Month: 6 capsules per day (3 in the morning and 3 in the evening). If you are symptom free after the first 30 days, continue taking 6 capsules a day for the next 2 months. However, if you still have some symptoms after the first 30 days, then:
- Second Month: 9 capsules per day (3 in the morning, 3 in the afternoon, and 3 in the evening). If you are symptom free after 60 days, continue taking 9 capsules a day for the third month. However, if you still have some symptoms, then:
- Third Month: 12 capsules per day (4 in the morning, 4 in the afternoon, and 4 in the evening). If the symptoms do not respond within 3 months while following the 6/9/12 dosage recommendations, we assume that you are one of the 12.5% of patients who will not respond to the aloe vera at all. In our database of more than 8,000 IC/PBS patients, 75% received at least some relief and 42% had total symptom control, although symptoms can return if the aloe vera is discontinued.
- Maintenance Dose: If you are symptom free after three months, the daily dose can be decreased by one capsule per week until symptoms return (for instance, week one take 5 capsules per day, week two take 4 capsules per day, week three take 3 capsules per day). When you notice symptoms, increase the daily dose by one capsule and continue on this maintenance dose. On bad days, a burst of 3 to 6 extra capsules at any time of day may bring symptoms back under control for many IC/PBS patients. It is safe to take 21 capsules or more per day.
- Flare-ups: If you have a sudden increase in symptoms, we recommend 6 capsules every 4 hours until you have your symptoms back under control. Most people only have to take the first 6 capsules to see relief.
Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Review: Desert Harvest Aloe Vera Capsules #DesertHarvestAloeVera
(product photo courtesy of www.desertharvest.com)
New Customer Special/$108.00
Desert Harvest Aloe Vera Capsules are used for treating Interstitial Cystitis*, Painful Bladder Syndrome, Prostatitis, and Pelvic Pain. Super-strength, freeze-dried Aloe Vera Capsules have been shown in clinical trials to effectively reduce urinary frequency, burning, and pain that are a part of many bladder disorders, but especially interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome (IC/PBS) (sometimes called prostatitis in men and chronic pelvic pain in women). The Urology Wellness Center in Rockville, Maryland, conducted a double-blind, placebo-controlled study of Desert Harvest aloe vera capsules in IC/PBS patients. The results showed that 87.5% of the patients who completed the study received relief from at least some of their symptoms. 50% received significant relief from all or most of their symptoms and were able to return to a more normal lifestyle. Only one patient did not respond within the first 30 days.
Patients with interstitial cystitis should be cautious about using liquid aloe vera since it must be preserved with high concentrations of citric acid, which is irritating to the bladder. Freeze-dried aloe vera from the whole plant, with no additives, no fillers, and no heat treatment, has been proven to be the most effective type of aloe for treating interstitial cystitis, painful bladder syndrome, non-bacterial prostatitis, and chronic pelvic pain.
It is has been theorized that the aloe plant helps IC patients in several ways. When processed correctly, the powder maintains its high levels of the glycosaminoglycans (GAG). The first lining of the bladder destroyed by IC is a GAG layer. It is possible that aloe vera is working much like Elmiron, but with no side effects from a man-made drug. The aloe plant is also a natural anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, analgesic, and anti-microbial agent but only when used in its super-strength form.
Interstitial cystitis patients in the first double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial took 6 Desert Harvest super-strength, freeze-dried aloe vera capsules per day for three months, 3 capsules in the morning and 3 in the evening (about 12 hours apart) with a full 8-ounce glass of liquid. It does not matter whether you take the aloe vera with food or without. It works the same either way. However, it is important to drink 8 ounces of liquid with each dose. Avoid taking the evening dose at bedtime, or the liquid you drink will cause more frequent trips to the bathroom in the night. Based on our anecdotal findings with more than 50,000 IC/PBS patients, we plan to conduct a dosing study to determine which dose works the best. In the meantime, here are our latest recommendations:
(*Interstitial cystitis/Painful Bladder Syndrome (IC/PBS) is a chronic inflammatory condition of the bladder wall. The etilogy is unknown and there are no uniformly effective treatments. Symptoms are similar to an acute urinary tract infection, and include pelvic pain, urinary urgency and urinary frequency. However, urine cultures are negative and patients do not respond to antibiotics. An estimated one million people in the United States suffer from IC/PBS, 90 percent of whom are women, a conservative estimate because many people with IC/PBS are either misdiagnosed or go undiagnosed. The incidence of IC/PBS is similar to that of Parkinson's disease, yet few people are aware of the condition. IC/PBS may be associated with other conditions such as vulvodynia, fibromyalgia, and irritable bowel syndrome.Epidemiological studies reveal that it takes, on average, five to seven years to obtain an accurate diagnosis of IC/PBS.)
Although I do not have interstitial cystitis, I have what is called a neurogenic bladder. That is when you have leakage, frequency and urgency due to nerve damage. My nerve damage is due to a tumor I had that was on my femoral nerve for 7 years and grew so big it damaged the nerve to my bladder. So I tried the aloe vera capsules to see if they made any difference for me. I only had a few days of treatment to try them but I can say that in those couple of days I did see a small difference. My symptoms are very similar to interstitial cystitis and that is what they thought I had for a while. I often get urinary tract infections though and have problems urinating. That is the main difference.
I think these capsules work very well for the symptoms described above and are a natural way to help tend to the symptoms of IC, PBS, Prostatitis, and Pelvic Pain. Desert Harvest Aloe Vera Capsules come in a 180 count bottle for $68.00; 90 capsules for $36.00 or New Customer Special (Buy 4 bottles for the cost of 3 bottles for $108.00). Desert Harvest also makes skincare products, pet products and more. They are a diversified product company. To purchase, go to www.desertharvest.com.
Until Next Time~
(This was sent for consideration)
(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com ) SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...
Review: Rimmel London Brow This Way Pencil & Pomade #RimmelLondon #BrowThisWayPencil #BrowThisWayPomade #Eyebrows(product photos courtesy of www.walmart.com.com ) The Year Of The Eyebrow... Eyebrows are very big right now. Very big. Today I am goi...
Review: City Beauty Line-Blurring Wrinkle Filler #CityBeauty #LineBlurringWrinkleFiller #Lines #Wrinkles #skincare(product photo courtesy of www.citybeauty.com ) City Beauty Line-Blurring Wrinkle Filler 0.25 fl.oz./7.5mL $79.00 As we age, skin ...