Review: GLAMGLOW MOISTURETRIP Omega-Rich Moisturizer #glamglow #moisturetrip #beauty #skincare
(product photo courtesy of www.glamglow.com)
1.7 fl.oz./50mL $55.00
I am always on the hunt for a good moisturizer, especially now that my skin is parched and dry all the time. I received this one in one of my subscription boxes and was very happy to try it out. Pleasantly surprised with how it performed too.
GLAMGLOW MOISTURETRIP Omega-Rich Moisturizer is a lightweight anti-redness moisturizer that is loaded with cannabis sativa seed oil to help calm skin irritation, relieve visible redness, and to help optimize the natural skin barrier's defenses against environmental assault. The soothing formula contains hyaluronic acid which has been proven to hydrate the skin all day long and provides instant relief from skin stress. It also optimizes the skin's natural moisture barrier, protects against blue light exposure and acts as the perfect post-mask treatment cream to reduce visible redness. This cream leaves skin calm and nourished. It is non-psychoactive. This cream is perfect for skin that has redness, dryness dullness and an uneven skin tone.
The ingredients in this cream that work to help calm and nourish the skin are:
- Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Oil: Rich in omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids. They nourish the skin's natural moisture barrier and visibly reduce redness and irritation.
- Chaga Mushroom: Antioxidant rich superfood that soothes daily skin stress and protects against blue light exposure.
- Hyaluronic Acid: A humectant that holds 1,000 its own weight in water and floods the upper layers of the skin with lasting moisture to replenish instantly depleted skin.
- Glycerin: another humectant that floods skin with moisture to the deeper layers of the skin.
- Shea Butter: A moisturizer that provides an oil like texture to the skin.
- Vitamin E: An antioxidant that moisturizes and helps fight off free radicals.
- Bisabolol: found in chamomile, this calms and soothes the skin.
- Linoleic Acid: an emollient that functions to give softer and smoother skin.
The main benefits of this cream are that it calms skin stress and calms irritation. I have found it works well when skin my skin is itchy, red from eczema and the natural moisture barrier is compromised. It is a lightweight cream yet it provides a great outcome. Not all creams have to be very thick to provide good results.
I think lately I have become quite the expert on creams for dry skin, since my skin has been so dry from menopause. When skin becomes dry the natural moisture barrier also becomes weakened and needs protection too. In this case you need some good humectants, possibly some oils and something that traps the humectants in the moisture barrier, such as an occlusive. In this moisturizer there are two humectants glycerin and hyaluronic acid that act to hold hydration in the layers of the skin. Then cannabis sativa oil and shea butter act to hold act as moisturizers to hold that hydration in the natural moisture barrier of the skin, trapping moisture so it cannot escape. I would recommend the product for someone with normal, dry, mature and sensitive skin types. It should be worn either during the day or night. I add that if worn during the day, make sure to wear a SPF30 or SPF50 over the top of it so as not to incur sun damage. It doesn't matter if there isn't any sun, if it is rainy or cloudy. The UVA/UVB rays are always there.
GLAMGLOW MOISTURETIP Omega-Rich Moisturizer retails for $55.00 and can be purchased on www.glamglow.com. Like GLAMGLOW on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GLAMGLOWOfficial/; Follow GLAMGLOW on Twitter: @GlamGlow; Follow GLAMGLOW on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/glamglowmud/; Follow GLAMGLOW on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/glamglow/ and Subscribe to GLAMGLOW on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/glamglow.
Until Next Time~