There are any number of skincare lines on the market these days, but according to Michele Carter there was not a line for active, thrill-seeking women. Michele, an outdoors enthusiast and avid motorcyclist, needed something that would help take care of her skin in the harsh outdoors when it’s cold and windy, when she is exercising and when it’s hot and sunny. Thus Adventuress was born.
This line is made with the finest natural ingredients, takes into account skin sensitivities, allergies and has incredible healing properties. It also has ingredients that are known to protect, nourish and boost the skin’s outermost layers. Adventuress was launched in 2011 and is comprised of 7 products:
- Naturally Liberating Cleanser (1.7 oz.)-a creamy cleanser, with gentle lathering. Doesn’t strip away the skin’s natural fatty acids, leaving the skin feeling hydrated. Contains olive oil, hempseed oil and rosemary oil. This product is packaged in an airless container so that it keeps the product fresher longer and is crush resistant.After trying this I feel this is a very good cleanser, not drying at all. Not for use on the eyes. It did leave my skin feeling clean and refreshed. $18.00
- Vividly Restorative Skin Purifier (1.0 oz.)-unblocks pores and hydrates and firms skin. The main ingredient is quince seed. Using naturally occurring plant and fruit extracts (witch hazel, sugar cane, orange, lemon and sugar maple), this serum restores skin’s youthful radiance. This product is also packaged in an airless container so that it keeps the product fresher longer and is crush resistant. I also tried this and while I feel it is not really the consistency of a serum (it is more of a jelly), I really liked it. My skin drank it in immediately and felt very soft afterwards. Nice product! $35.00
- Boldly Nourishing Moisturizer (1.0 oz.)-An exclusive, targeted deliver system that has essential emollients such as French rose hip and evening primrose oils that provide intense moisturization and hydration. It is great for wrinkles or as a soothing product. Can be used morning or night. This product another one that is packaged in an airless container so that it keeps the product fresher longer and is crush resistant. I tried this and found it to be a light moisturizer, not really heavy. That is good for those who are active. If you have extremely dry skin you might find it isn’t heavy enough. I liked it fine for my normal skin. $32.00
- High Performance Sunscreen (2.0 oz.)-Every body needs to protect their skin. This sunscreen combines natural emollients (aloe vera, safflower and Vitamin E) that moisturize as they protect. It has a lightweight formula with micro-particle technology, so that it provides a greater broad spectrum coverage with less of a whitening effect. $26.00
- Wickedly Protective EnviroBalm (0.7 oz.)-this product is a great product to help prevent and treat skin that has had chapping, wind burn and sun burn. It has a hydrating formula packed with emollients protective free=radicals and anti-inflammatory ingredients to protect, treat, nourish and hydrate the skin. It has aloe-vera, beeswax, zinc oxide, jojoba, sunflower seed oil and Vitamin E just to name a few of the ingredients. This product is packaged in an airless container so that it keeps the product fresher longer and is crush resistant. I think this is the winner of the bunch! It would be great for those who go skiing or if you have sunburn. It can also be used as a lipbalm. $19.00
- Fearlessly Refreshing Facial Wipes-Biodegradable, alcohol-free, facial wipes that cleanse your face and act as an environmental shield to protect skin from irritation, rash and redness. They have witch hazel, aloe vera, chamomile, rosemary and licorice root as ingredients. I tried one and loved how wet it was, which helped cleanse the skin (not so much eye makeup), and it did refresh my face. These would be great for traveling, camping, etc. 24/$22.
- (YouVee’s) Sunscreen Swipes-Take the High Performance Sunscreen and put it into a “swipe”. That is another great thing about this collection! No more greasy hands for fingers! Just the exact dose of sunscreen you need for face and neck packed into a sealed, finger pocket that can be reapplied during any activity. This is another great product. I like the sunscreen and the “swipe” idea is great. I had no trouble applying it to my face or neck. Just open it up and apply. 24/$24
- Intro Collection- Includes 1.7 oz. Cleanser, 1.0 Skin Purifier, 1.0 oz Moisturizer, 2.0 oz. Sunscreen and 5 Individual wipes. This comes in a travel bag and all products are travel sized. $85.00
- Sample tin- contains a sample size of the Naturally Liberating Cleanser, Vividly Restorative Skin Purifier, Boldly Nourishing Moisturizer, Fearlessly Refreshing Facial Wipe and High Performance Sunscreen Swipe. $10.00
Michele Carter wanted the line to be portable, easy to use and good for those who need just a few products. It seems as if she has done her job. I found each product that I tried to be pleasant. I really liked the Vividly Restorative Skin Purifier and the (YouVee’s) Sunscreen Swipe. The swipe would be great for traveling. I also like the idea of the EnviroBalm, because I get chapped skin in winter all the time and resort to overly goopy Aquaphor. And my lips get chapped a lot! Obviously not everyone will fit into this regime. Not everyone is meant too. But, you might find you will if you go skiing, hiking, camping, on a motorcycle, etc. Protect your skin with the right products. To find your inner Adventuress: www.goadventuress.com.
I am happy to have been chosen as one of Too Faced’s Beauty Blogger’s of the month for October. Thank you Too Faced!https://www.toofaced.com/bbom.aspx
Please check out my review of the Bon Bon set:http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/10/review-too-faced-shadow-bon-bons-for.html
Enter the $25 Too Faced Gift Certificate Giveaway:http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/10/24-too-faced-cosmetics-gift-certificate.html#.UHgAnlGdE1L
(These products were sent for consideration. My opinions are honest. If they were not, you would not enjoy reading!)
Post a Comment