Discover Frizz Freedom this July with
Living Proof Frizz-Free Fridays at ULTA Beauty
WHO: Living Proof, the innovative beauty company that uses new technologies originating from MIT, delivers Frizz-Free Fridays to ULTA Beauty customers nationwide.
WHAT: As temperatures and humidity rise during the month of July, Living Proof and ULTA Beauty have joined forces to deliver frizz freedom to all with Frizz-Free Fridays at ULTA Salons nationwide. Visitors to THE SALON at ULTA Beauty can experience what it means to stay frizz-free for 48 hours or more with an exclusive, complimentary blowout featuring Living Proof
frizz products. 30 minute free appointments include shampoo, condition and hair styling with a blow dryer and round or paddle brush for a polished frizz-free look. Plus, receive a complimentary deluxe 1 oz. frizz Nourishing Styling Cream with any Living Proof purchase of $20 or more.
WHEN: Friday, July 12 from 6:00pm-8:00pm
Friday, July 19 from 6:00pm-8:00pm
Friday, July 26 from 6:00pm-8:00pm
WHERE: All ULTA Beauty Locations Nationwide; Please call an ULTA store near you to make an appointment by checking Ulta’s website.
Please feel free to share this info on social media using @LivingProof and @ULTA_Beauty
WHY: THE TRUTH BEHIND FRIZZ
Eric Spengler Living Proof’s Chief Commercialization Officer and SVP of Research and Developments explains frizz.
· The culprits of frizz. Frizz is caused by 2 factors: humidity and friction. When you look at a strand of hair, the outer layer looks a like shingles on a roof – that’s the cuticle. When your hair is exposed to high humidity, all that moisture in the air can get absorbed into the hair fiber, causing those shingles to flare out. They rub against one another and create more friction. To thoroughly and effectively fight frizz, you need to address both issues: moisture and friction. That’s where most solutions fall short.
· Silicones and flat ironing aren’t the answer. The majority of anti-frizz products contain the exact same ingredients that have been used for over 30 years—silicone and oils. These technologies lubricate the hair’s surface and weigh hair down temporarily reducing friction – but they do nothing to control the moisture vapor in the hair. Flat ironing smooths down the cuticle and temporarily reduces friction. But does nothing to guard against humidity so hair is still vulnerable to frizz.
· Biggest anti-frizz breakthrough in 30 years. OFPMA, the proprietary molecule in Living Proof
frizz products, coats hair more evenly than silicones so moisture is not able to penetrate the hair fiber. It also helps smooth each strand’s texture, leaving it frictionless. Through clinical testing, we found that frizz is 70% more effective at blocking humidity than conventional, silicone-based anti-frizz products.
TIPS: 6 WAYS TO STAY FRIZZ FREE
Want smooth hair all summer long? Just follow these tips from Living Proof Hair Stylist Tim Rogers:
1. Choose the best brush. Use a boar bristle brush instead of something synthetic – it smoothes the hair cuticle more effectively.
2. Blow dry better. Start with damp, towel-dried hair and always blow dry at a high heat using a nozzle to add smoothness and shine.
3. Stay away from silicones. Silicones (which are found in a large number of anti-frizz products) don’t coat each hair strand evenly so moisture can still get in – meaning your frizz-free look won’t last long. OFPMA, the miracle molecule in Living Proof products, more evenly and weightlessly guards against unwanted moisture.
4. Skip the elastics. Hitting the tennis courts or hiking trails? Braid your hair or twist it into a chignon, but secure it with bobby pins instead of an elastic band, which will crease your hair. You’ll keep your hair contained, and when you take it down you’ll get a pretty wave.
5. Protect yourself from the sun. This is true for your skin and your strands. Before you head outdoors, try a lightweight hair product with UV protection (Tim loves the Living Proof Restore Revitalizing Spray) or slather on a leave-in conditioner if you’re planning on swimming.
6. Say no to clarifying shampoos. You may think you need to lather up with one of these if you’re spending a lot of time in the pool – don’t! Clarifying your hair during these hot, humid months will only leave you more prone to breakage.
Thank you for the tips.ReplyDelete
Thank you for leaving a nice comment!Delete
Thank you! I will come by this next Friday.ReplyDelete