Refinery29 Launches First-Ever Beauty Innovator Awards With A Nod To Industry Disruptors In Beauty, Skincare, & Hair
Guest Judges Include Trans Activist Janet Mock, DooBop.com founder Jodie Patterson, and Sephora editorial director Holly Siegel
Leading lifestyle digital media company Refinery29 presents its first-ever Beauty Innovator Awards, a look at the brands, products, and people who are changing the beauty industry landscape through technology, ingredients, and the way we use products.
The Refinery29 Beauty Innovator Awards serve as an incubator for emerging beauty superstars and identify leading brands in a number of innovator and disruption-driven categories -- from anti-aging and sustainable beauty to color cosmetics and hair products.
Guest judges including trans activist Janet Mock, DooBop.com founder Jodie Patterson, and Sephora editorial director Holly Siegel. Together with Refinery29's beauty editors, the panel road-tested thousands of products and narrowed it down to 29 winners.
Refinery29's Beauty Innovator Award Winners include:
- Beauty Innovator of the Year: Troy Surratt, Makeup Artist and Creator of Surratt Beauty
- Lifetime Achievement: Dick Page, Artistic Director, Shiseido
- Must-Watch Beauty Vlogger: Wayne Goss
- Most Innovative Skin-Care Launch: Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil
- The Comeback Kid (product brought back): John Frieda Beach Blonde Sea Waves Salt Spray
- Sustainable Beauty Pioneer: Tata Harper, with her eponymous line of organic products
- Best in Shade (foundation): Alima Pure Satin Matte Mineral Foundation
- Does-It-All Face Mask: Dr. Jart + All That Lift & Firm Hydrogel Expansion Stretch
"Refinery29 has always been a source of discovery and inspiration for our audience," said Refinery29 editor-in-chief, Christene Barberich. "They crave beauty information that comes from a place of honesty, utility, and purpose. With the Refinery29 Beauty Innovator Awards, we explored thousands of products and creators to identify the game-changers and the most cutting-edge brands, formulas, and products in the space that we know our audience will love."
For the complete list of 29 Beauty Innovator Awards, visit www.refinery29.com/beauty-innovator-awards.
Refinery29 is a digital media company for a new generation of women with a loyal following of over 25 million monthly. Through exclusive lifestyle stories, original video programming, and social, sharable content across all platforms, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com to for more information and to browse content.