I have been coloring my hair red now since I was 16 years old. And I am 44. So for the last 28 years I have been a red head. And everyone tells me that it looks natural on me because of my freckles and light, extremely pale skin tone. I was give the chance to try out something new in hair color recently, Surya Brasil’s Henna Cream in Reddish Dark Blonde (which is really more of a copper shade). My hair is already this color, possibly just a tad darker than this shade.
Henna has been used for hundreds of years to color the hair, it is an all natural way to color hair. There are different henna powders that provide pigment to the hair and give it a certain shade. I thought I would try this shade to see how it would fair against my usual chemical hair color. Henna is 100% natural hair color, no chemicals at all. Surya Brasil’s Henna Cream is the Winner of the Best Natural Beauty Awards because it is a high performance henna cream color that is anti-oxidant rich semi-permanent hair color that infuses hair with lush, vibrant color while nourishing harvested botanicals. Every shade of their color contains vegetable extracts including herbs and fruits from Brazil and India, which offers simultaneous coloration and deep conditioning treatment for the hair as well as intense treatment for the scalp. It even colors gray hair. Surya Brasil’s Henna Cream does not contain the following ingredients: PPD, parabens, peroxide, resorcinol, heavy metals, artificial fragrance, mineral oils, GMO's or gluten. Henna Cream is 100% vegan and cruelty free. This product is easy to use, the at home color kits are hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested as well as safe for use on chemically treated hair, color treated hair and highlights. Hair color shade results will vary as will the natural ingredients used in the at home kits. The digitally rendered photos are for demonstration only. They do not guarantee exact shade matches.
Surya Brasil’s Henna Cream comes in 15 shades: Black, Dark Brown, Golden Brown, Light Brown, Chocolate, Burgundy, Mahogany, Red, Reddish Dark Blonde, Copper, Ash Blonde. Golden Blonde, Swedish Blonde, Light Blonde and Silver Fox. It is safe to use before and after chemically treating hair (straightening, coloring and/or texturizing). These are not compound hennas, and do not contain lead or other heavy metals added to the formula. The product contains less than 2.5% of mild non-skin sensitizing color or dyes. Surya Brasil has made a commitment to the creation of safer personal care product that are free of harmful chemicals. The ingredients used are safely extracted and sustainably harvested with respect to nature and the planet.
The Kit comes with the following items: instructions, gloves, a plastic cap, 2.37 fl.oz./70 mL Henna Cream and a packet of Pre-Treatment Shampoo. It is highly recommended to do a strand test first to see if you are allergic to the Henna Cream. Since there is no mixing involved, the strand test is easily done. You could even do a patch test on your skin.
How To use the Henna Cream:
NEVER use any metal products, bowls, aluminum foil, etc.; anything made from metal around the Henna Cream. It destroys the product.
- First shampoo hair with the pre-treatment shampoo that is included in the kit. Do not use any conditioners or styling products on your hair.
- Rinse thoroughly and towel dry hair. Do not blow dry hair.
- Put gloves on. Remove cover to the Henna Cream without breaking the seal, just in case you need to re-use the product. The Henna Cream can be saved and used again. Split hair into sections and apply henna to damp hair with hands using gloves provided. If you prefer, an application brush can be used. Do not use a comb to comb the henna through the hair as this will remove the product.
- Cover the hair with the plastic cap provided. Follow the recommended application time that is in the chart in the instructions. This depends on the natural hair color and the color you desire your hair to be. Remember, henna does not have any lift to it so it will not lighten hair.
- If you are doing a root touch up, avoid applying product to the part of the hair that already has sufficient color on it already. Start at the root line and apply to recently grown hair only.
I am actually very happy with the way it turned out. This is much different from the henna colors I used to use 25 years ago. These have come a long, long way. I with they were permanent colors though. That is okay, I will just have to use it more often if I want to keep up the effect. It took the whole bottle for me to do my roots, as I have very thick hair. I could have used a little bit more actually. The price is good too, I usually spend around $15 to do my hair at home every month.
Surya Brasil’s Henna Cream retails for $16.49 and can be purchased online at www.suryabrasilproducts.com. Like Surya Brasil on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/suryabrasil; Follow Surya Brasil on Twitter: @suryabrasil; Follow Surya Brasil on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/suryabrasil/; Follow Surya Brasil on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/suryabrasilbeauty/ and Subscribe to Surya Brasil on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/suryabrasil.
Until Next Time~
I Am THE Makeup Junkie
(This item was sent for consideration)