Review: gallinée Body Milk #gallinee #BodyMilk #lacticacid #dryskin #probiotics
(product photo courtesy of www.gallinee,com)
6.7 fl.oz./200mL $45.00
gallinée is a skincare line from France that is probiotic skincare, meaning it has good bacteria for the skin's microbiome in it. Our skin has its own bacteria layer on it that keeps out the bad bacteria and keeps everything in check. By providing out skin with good bacteria (such as eating yogurt and using probiotic skincare, we can help keep our skin looking younger and help keep inflammation down, irritation and help with sensitivity. I tried a couple of products from the line and I wanted to give you my opinion on them.
The second product I tried from gallinée is their Body Milk. I don't know about you but my skin is very dry. VERY DRY. This body lotion helps to soothe skin, repair it and hydrate it. Perfect for all skin types but, even better for sensitive skins, dry skin and atopy-prone skin. Helps support your skin's microbiome, which is the bacterial skin mantle that helps keep the bad bacteria from getting into the skin and the body. Skin is nourished, hydrated and soft. This lotion contains 94% natural origin ingredients and has very lightweight texture that easily melts into the skin. It feeds skin with a firming bogbean and nourishing sweet almond oil, combined with a patented Triple Biotic Complex of prebiotics, probiotics and postbiotics to help support your skin's micobiome in the most gentle and effective way possible. All gallinée products are made to match the pH level of the skin. Skin is left soft, repaired and protected, with hydration levels of the skin’s upper layers increased by 103% after 1 hour. Improves skin elasticity.
The ingredients in this body lotion are as follows:
- prebiotics-a mix of ultra-gentle fibres and sugars that feed your skin’s good bacteria and help support the skin’s barrier, with an antibacterial action against bad bacteria.
- probiotics-deactivated bacteria from the Lactobacillus family (a major part of the lactic acid bacteria group), these probiotics are extremely gentle on the skin and help to support the microbiome and the skin’s protective barrier.
- lactic acid-the gentlest of AHAs, lactic acid helps the skin to stay at its optimal pH level and has hydrating and softening properties. gallinée uses a slow-release form to suit even sensitive skin.
- bogbean extract-a powerful and natural antioxidant, bogbean extract protects vitamin C within the skin’s cells, reinforcing collagen synthesis to firm the skin.
- sweet almond oil-hydrating and nourishing, sweet almond oil also helps to soften and regenerate thanks to its high content of linoleic acid to reinforce the skin’s barrier function.
To Use: once or twice daily, massage this body milk gently onto the skin, starting from your toes up to your shoulders. It is ideal for use after showering.
- Skin is immediately hydrated, 100% agreed
- Product is non greasy, 100% agreed
- Product is non-sticky, 100% agreed
- Skin is soothed, 100% agreed
- Skin is infinitely soft, 91% agreed
- Skin is comfortable, 96% agreed
(source: * Clinical study carried out on 22 subjects for 21 days under dermatological control.)
Personally, I found this lotion to sink into my dry skin IMMEDIATELY, it actually made my overly dry skin very soft instantly and didn't leave a tacky feeling on my skin. Instead my skin felt soft, supple and almost normal again. The lactic acid will provide a light exfoliation on the skin, which will help it feel even better and should help my keratosis pilaris. The hydration lasts all day or until your next bath or shower. I would advice to use this daily and although it is expensive, it is best for those with sensitive skins and it doesn't take much to spread because the lotion is kind of liquidy.
gallinée Body Milk retails for $45.00 and can be found online at www.gallinee.com. Like gallinée on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gallinee; Follow gallinée on Twitter: @gallinee_beaute; Follow gallinée on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/galline0638/; Follow gallinée on Instagram: http://instagram.com/gallinee_beaute and Subscribe to gallinée on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-LDQOfhVQfhtoT0w-wAnyw.
Until Next Time~
(product provided for consideration)