Why You Should Be Double Cleansing Your Skin! #philosophy #KBeauty #DoubleCleansing #Cleansing #Skincare
Why You Should Be Double Cleansing Your Skin!
If you have ever heard the term "K-Beauty" or "double cleanse" and were a little befuddled, or wondered about them I am going to explain them to you today and also why you should be double cleansing. It isn't necessarily a matter of how much makeup you wear but how clean you want your skin to be. Have you ever used a toner pad and noticed how much dirt and oil was left over after cleansing? Or do you suffer from mild acne? Possibly you are not getting off all of your makeup at night? That is to say, make sure your are taking it off at night, right?
Double cleansing comes from the Korean beauty ritual of using an oil based cleanser first then following with a detergent/water based cleanser second. Using this method of cleansing yields the best possible result you can ask for. Especially if you are wearing some of the heavier longwearing foundations which are highly pigmented that are out right now. Originally the Korean beauty ritual consists of 10 beauty steps total, but I don't believe we necessarily need to do that every night. However, cleansing the skin to prepare it for skincare is one of the most important steps you can take.
Some oil based cleansers I like are:
- DHC Deep Cleansing Oil: ($28.00, ULTA)
- The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser: ($7.90, SEPHORA or ULTA)
- Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Oil: ($40, SEPHORA)
- Laneige Cream Skin Milk Oil Cleanser ($34, www.laneige.com)
- plain coconut oil (fractionated): the kind that is not solid at room temperature; this also works well as an occlusive to lock in moisture after you finish cleansing.
- olive oil: also works well well just wipe off your makeup
As for detergent based cleansers that I like, there are so many out there and it really depends on your skin type as it which you may prefer. There two I like a lot, both by philosophy. Both cleansers are formulated without oil, parabens, phthalates, formaldehydes and sulfates (SLS and SLES).
- purity made simple one-step paraben free facial cleanser ($25 8 fl.oz./240mL www.philosophy.com): The number one facial cleanser in America is now formulated without parabens. This award winning low foaming cleanser melts away makeup (including leftover makeup), dirt and oil. Tones and lightly hydrates skin in one simple step. Leaves skin perfectly balanced and comfortably clean. It is also gentle enough for the sensitive eye area. Meadowfoam seed oil conditions skin. Doesn't leave skin feeling dry or tight. I would recommend this for mature, sensitive, dry and even some combination skin types. This has been one of my favorite cleansers for years, because it cleanses so well. It helps uneven skin texture and minimizes the look of pores. 91% reported their skin looked and felt refreshed after one use*; 87% reported their skin immediately looked and felt like a clean canvas*; immediately removes skin-damaging pollutants** and clinically proven to prevent dehydration** (*based on 1-week self-assessment study with 101 women aged 18 - 35, used twice a day **based on a clinical study with 20 women aged 19-60; pollution is characterized by the residual amount of micro-particles of carbon and dust; *** based on a clinical hydration measurement on 23 women aged 18-35, as compared to washing with water) Use purity paraben free cleanser each morning and night with a small amount of water. Massage cleanser onto skin for about 30-60 seconds and then rinse thoroughly. Can also be used to remove stubborn makeup on makeup brushes! For a deep clean, use a pea-sized amount to eliminate makeup buildup on your makeup brushes/applicators. This cleanser comes in various sizes (3 oz./$13-32 oz./$59) purity made simple isn''t the number one cleanser in America for just any reason. It can be use by itself, but using it with another cleanser means it works that much better.
- purity made simple oil-free cleanser ($25, 8 fl.oz/240mL): This new addition to the purity made simple cleanser line is specifically made for combination, oily skins to mildy acneic skin types. It is an oil-free take on the number one facial cleanser in America. This cleanser creates a fresh, lightweight foam as you lather, effectively purging skin of dirt, oil and makeup build-up from your face. Formulated with bamboo extract to leave skin feeling with a healthy matte like appearance and a squeaky clean but not dry feeling. It contains gentle foaming agents that will not strip skin of its natural moisture barrier. Personally, this cleanser helps me in the hot, humid weather when my skin decides to produce more oil and decides it's going to act like combination skin. Right now is the perfect time to use it for my because of the change in seasons. I use this in the morning and the other cleanser at night. 90% reported a visible reduction of excess oil on skin's surface*; 88% reported their skin had a shine-free appearance after use*; immediately removes skin-damaging pollutants* (**based on 1-week self-assessment study with 51 women aged 18 - 35, used twice a day **based on a clinical study with 20 women aged 24-56; pollution is characterized by the residual amount of micro-particles of carbon and dust) Use cleanser each morning and night with a small amount of water. Massage cleanser onto skin for 30–60 seconds. Rinse thoroughly. Enjoy the feeling of clean, thoroughly cleansed skin
Until Next Time~
(These were sent for consideration)